Accessibility @ Fresno State
Accessibility requirements for Electronic Content
The Revised Section 508 Standards for Electronic Content specify that all types of public-facing content, as well as nine categories of non-public-facing content that communicate agency official business, have to be accessible. "Content," as defined in the standards, encompasses all forms of electronic information and data. Content must, at a minimum, conform to the WCAG 2.0 AA standard.
- Public facing: electronic content that is public facing
- Official communication: electronic content (whether public facing or not) that constitutes
official business and is communicated by the University through one or more of the
- An emergency notification;
- An initial or final decision adjudicating an administrative claim or proceeding;
- An internal or external program or policy announcement;
- A notice of benefits, program eligibility, employment opportunity, or personnel action;
- A formal acknowledgement of receipt;
- A survey questionnaire;
- A template or form;
- Educational or training materials; or
- Intranet content designed as a Web page.