Accessibility at Fresno State
This page contains self-help resources to assist you in creating accessible documents and converting these documents into appropriate formats. It is often easier to create a document with accessibility built-in rather than remediate an inaccessible document that has already been created.
- Creating Accessible Word Documents (WebAim)
- Make your Word documents accessible to people with disabilities (Microsoft)
- Creating Accessible Microsoft Word 2016 Documents (Windows) (NCDAE)
- Creating Accessible Microsoft Word 2016 Documents (Mac) (NCDAE)
Making existing PDFs accessible can be one of the most challenging topics in document accessibility. However, if you are creating your own PDF and have access to the source document it is much easier.
- PDF Accessibility (WebAim)
- Verifying PDF Accessibility (Adobe)
- PDF Section 508 Checklist (WCAG 2.0) - U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Make your Excel documents accessible to people with disabilities (Microsoft)
- Excel Accessibility Best Practices (University of Minnesota)